Tuesday, August 3, 2010

mom-mode post #92 - on hot days and cooking

let me tell ya, these days the weather in our city has been extremely hot. And like I've said before, there are no beaches around here. We also don't have a neighborhood pool. There's no breeze during the day. And did I mention there's no AC in our apartment? But who's complaining? Hubby and have done the occasional "escape the heat" trip to the mall. But most days we just turn on all the fans, plop O on his super duper pool and just hope for night time to come.
Needless to say, I have been doing very minimal cooking on the stove. So here are some recipes we have been enjoying these hot days:

Chicken Pesto Croissant Sandwich:

1. 1 chicken breast cooked, shredded and seasoned to taste
2. 1 1/2 tablespoon of pesto sauce ( you can make it yourself, but since I've killed my basil plant, I bought it ready at the grocery store)
3. Cheese of your preference
4. 4 Croissants or I guess you could get a tortilla and make a wrap out of it.

Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!

I've also tried out my mom-in-law's frozen coffee drink, but I've forgotten the recipe so I made it like this:

1 cup of brewed coffee
2 tablespoons of sugar
3-4 scoops of chocolate ice cream.
Throw everything in a blender. Done.

1 comment:

d'radiofan said...

So does it taste like Burma's brew? Yum! We'll make some Burma's when your home! Granny made your favorite cake and gave us some! Hopefully she'll make you one--we'll hint strongly!