Tuesday, August 3, 2010

mom- mode post #91 - on (what do you know!) my first award.


I received The Versatile Blogger Award from Sofia's World

My first award, how exciting!In order to fully accept the award I must:
1) Thank the person who gave me the award. Thanks Sofia!! I write this little blog for my friends and family to get an insight on what life has been like as a new mommy. Glad you have enjoyed the read.

2) Share seven things about ourselves.


3) Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs, and let the nominees know about the award.
Seven things about me: 
  • I live in a far far away country away from everyone I love and it hurts everyday.
  • I speak Portuguese, English, Spanish, I've forgotten all of my German and Turkish is kicking my butt ( can I say butt on a family blog? Maybe I should say behind. Kicking my behind.)
  • I miss teaching. Well, I miss my kiddos I used to teach. Most of them are in Middle School now. I pray and wish that they are defying all the odds and are being successful. 
  • Speaking of things I miss, I miss Target. Lame I know, but I do.
  • Another thing I miss? Summer days in my beautiful hometown. 
  • I love fashion and I love going shopping with people and helping them find their style.
  • I'm still trying to figure out life here and some days culture shock still gets the best of me.
And...I would like to nominate the blogs below because they are on my blogfeed and I read them often... Unfortunately I do not know of 15 new blogs to nominate, so I nominate 8  :


1. Momfessions
2. Saco de Farinha

No comments: