Friday, August 20, 2010

mom-mode post #93 - on a little token of appreciation


Dear Aunt Jules,

I'm glad you read this little old blog of ours because you still haven't sent me your new mailing address. Therefore, I cannot send you an old-fashioned "thank you note". So in lieu of a proper note, please accept this little blog post as a small token of our appreciation.
First of all you're insane. I've said it before and I'll say it again. When you said you were going to get a "few things" to help me get Oliver started on solids I thought you would send me a couple of bowls and spoons not an ENTIRE suitcase full of stuff! Wow we are so blessed by your generosity. And I'm so blessed by your friendship, really.
We love everything. I love the Dr. Seuss bowls and O is in love with his new spoons. He is also thriving on his new-found love: watered down juice from a soft tip sippy cup. And don't get me started on the puffs. He just loves the puffs. And the "mesh-popsicle" thingy. O loves being able to feed himself from those. And we use the bib you gave us back in June every. single. day.
But you see, the sweet thing about these gifts is not only the fact that they are making my life and O's much easier, but is the fact that every time we feed O we think of you. And that's just the sweetest gift to us.
I miss you every day. Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for not forgetting about us all the way here on the other side of the world.
And give our buddy J a big hug from us, please.

Love,

P.
Posted by Picasap.s.: I'd still would like your mailing address please.:)

No comments: