Thursday, July 15, 2010

mom-mode post # 88 - on fake beaches, real islands and whatnot

If you are not going to the beach.Bring the beach to you. Or something like that.
These hot summer days have got me longing to take O ( and myself) to the beach. Given that we are as landlocked as "landlockedness" gets (which makes this long lost island girl incredibly sad), I took matters into my own hands. I am determined to make O into a little fish like I was when I was a little girl. So we went to Carrefour, bought the one pool that could fit into our balcony and voila, instant beach sans sand. O actually felt quite relaxed, enthralled in his must-have summer read: "Water, water everywhere".

All the while I kept reassuring him ( or myself?): One of these days O, mama will introduce you to a real beach on a island far far away... One of these days.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Patricia said...

isso mana!!
não deixa ele ter medo de água!!
já o vejo correndo em alguma praia por aqui... pra lá e prá cá!
beijoooosss!

andiewade said...

priscilla, we're planning a beach trip when the mcroberts visit. would you want us to plan it during the week that you guys come down? we can load ourselves up in the van and go!

allison said...

The "beach without sand" is ideal. I hate sand!! I'm glad you've found a way to have some water time with O. We miss you guys.

Sofia said...

Hey Priscila, just wanted to let you know i gave MomMode THE VERSATILE BLOGGER award. I truly enjoy reading your posts - they are inspiring and encouraing (especially the ones after you became a mom:)
here:
http://walker325.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-got-award.html

Mom-mode said...

Thanks Sofia, I'll update soon! And respond to the award.:)))

d'radiofan said...

Pri you are making me cry reading your blogs, you sound so homesick. I do hope your home there sooner than later feels like real home, in the mean time, I will keep bringing that up to Father. I think you have a beach trip planned soon. Not sure we could get Daniel out of the mts when you guys come, but we could make a quick trip to the beach but would be a lot of riding for O!