Tuesday, March 22, 2011

mom-mode post #129 - on the swimming pool



Pardon the overdose on posts about Brazil, but we were having so much fun, we just took a bazillion pictures. And since this little blog serves as journal for the days of old, when my memory will fail me, I wanted to make sure I registered those special moments we had.

Speaking of special:

O was a bit timid with the pool at first. Kinda like he is with most things in life. He starts off slowly, proceeds with caution.


And then he will either abhor it forever or, more often than not, he will fall whole-heartily in love and passionately embrace the new.

                                        Tio Bruno and tia Va got him to put his feet in first...
                Next thing we knew, he was splashing all over the place. He didn't want to leave.


Neither did I. I don't think I had ever seen my child smile this widely and get this excited about something.
I've said it before, but one of the best things about this whole motherhood thing (year 2!) has been discovering the world again through the eyes of my little boy. And what  fun world it is, when you are a 1 year old, discovering a swimming pool for the first time.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute! I can't wait to get Lane in a swimming pool!

How'd using the BG diaper as a swim diaper work? Any issues?

Elizabeth said...

The pictures are so adorable! Trey was all about the splashing last summer. I wish we could get our little guys together! I love your swim diapers. We did the same thing for T, BG diaper with no insert and they worked great!

Mom-mode said...

Michelle- I loved the BG as swim diapers. I used it a lot last summer, when O spent a lot of time in his little plastic pool. I just make sure I rinse it off immediately after because I'm not sure if the chlorine would affect it in any way. At the beach, I used the newborn insert, since we were going to be gone a little longer and it worked well as well.

Mom-mode said...

Thanks Elizabeth! So wish we could get our little boys together too! Next year for sure. :)