Sunday, March 13, 2011

mom-mode post #128 - on the birthday party

I remember looking at pictures of my first birthday party and feel so loved by mom. Her attention to detail  was so visible, everything made by her or my aunts' own hands. I wanted O's first birthday party to have the same feel. Small, intimate, simple and homemade. We had the party in my parent's home, almost everything was made by me or my sisters. What we couldn't make, we ordered from small local business.We kept the guest list to family only. Like I said on my other post, Oliver had the most fun. I hope many years from now he can look at these pictures and just feel the love!

My aunt ordered these delicious Brazilian homemade candy from a lady that lives near her. They were not only beautiful but delicious. And they just had a 'vintage birthday party' feel to them. 
My mom found this 'old school' candy holder. Growing up,
no party would be complete without one of these!
tia Paty made the delicious and traditional Brazilian cake, nega maluca.
tio Bruno took this picture and I cut it and tied a ribbon to resemble a bookmark. Guests were asked to bring books in Portuguese for gifts. We gave these out as party favors!

The cake and cupcakes, simple and understated. Just like I wanted.

 
We also filled with cupcakes, m&m's and jello (another childhood party must-have).
Photo booth props.

Trying out the photo booth!
Putting the decor up.

Simple wall decor - I cut out circles from scrapbook paper and made these tissue pompoms.
The cake table all lit up and the handsome birthday boy!
Earlier in the day, my dad and tio Bruno cooked up a delicious Brazilian steak lunch for everybody.

Birthday boy enjoying some fun in the sun, poolside.


No comments: