Saturday, March 12, 2011

mom-mode post #126 - on the magic of coming home

To say we had the time of our lives would be an understatement. Brazil was awesome. 
There's just something slightly magical about being near the water... My heart beats a little slower, following the rhythm of the waves. And an overwhelming feeling of peace and awe filled my heart, the minute I saw my little island from the plane. Awe for this magical little place on Earth that God created. One can't help but think, what  a marvelous God we serve, creation screams of His glory and majesty. 
There's just something slightly magical about coming back to a place you called home for so long. But there's something even more magical about enjoying all of your favorite Brazilian things through the eyes of your one year old. 
My brother-in-law (www.brunomessina.com.br) took these pictures of us. He captured so well, this feeling of freedom and home we felt while we were in Brazil. This is one of my favorite places to go. You take a little 10-minute boat ride (which O just couldn't get enough of!) to get to this salt water lakeside seafood restaurant. They serve the freshest shrimp there. So yummy.
Our little family. We had such a beautiful time with the fam and God's creations.



I got to sing baby O to sleep while looking out to the most gorgeous view ever. If I could freeze a moment in time, this would be it.
O practicing his steps. He was having just so much fun!

No comments: