Wednesday, March 2, 2011

mom-mode post #125 - on how the ergo saved the trip

Just a quick note about our flights to and from Brazil. All I have to say is that alongside some much appreciated prayers, the ergo was the most life-saving tool we took on this trip!
It was there when O needed sleep and just couldn't get comfortable on the plane. It was there when my arms were about to go numb from holding my 10 and some kilo baby. The ergo was there when I needed to help the husband with bags. I tell you the ergo MADE this trip.
We also took to heart some great advice. We packed lots of small toys wrapped in gift wrap for O to unwrap when the novelty of being in a plane had started to wear off. We just went with the flow. When he was tired he slept, when he was hungry he ate. No schedules. Just being there to meet his needs. We also packed his favorite snacks and loaded our ipods with fun new apps. 
During our layover, we let O crawl around an empty corner at the Madrid airport. He was so cute, pushing his red car around, getting all-dirty and most importantly, getting some energy out. The trick worked. By the time we boarded, the boy was wiped out!
After a few rough trips last year, this trip helped me regain my love for flying and duty-free shops at the airport. That's how easy this trip was. You see, I've always had these little travel rituals that made my trips fun and exciting. After we had O, I thought those days were over. But this time, things were as smooth as they get when travelling with an infant. Praise God. And thanks to my wonderful husband who is just best partner a girl can ask.
Check back soon for O's first birthday pictures and some Brazil pics as well!!!

1 comment:

d'radiofan said...

Crawling around an airport! I guess it didn't kill him! So thankful all went well, he's the best little thing!