Wednesday, December 2, 2009

mom-mode post # 31 - on my baby daddy


Little did she know that life was never going to be the same again. In only ten days, her life from a monotonous monoculture to a world-whirlwind undertaking.

He was just a guy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to love him. She in turn, realized he completed her. "I'm in love! I'm in love! And I don't care who knows it!" she shouted from the roof tops.

Grueling months of distance, many times leaving on a jet plane. He asked her marry him and she promised to wear his ring.

A paradisiacal beach, the perfect "I do". Well, yeah, history is gonna change.

A move to another land. He took her hand and guided her through it. It was just the beginning of their life-long adventures together.

Fast forward a four years later, a baby boy is on the way. And another move to yet another land. They say “whoa, this is heavy!”. But they wouldn’t do it any other way.

Happy 4th anniversary hubby! You know you are my favorite. The past four years have been the best ever. No kidding.

Disclaimer #1 – movie and song quotes slightly changed to fit our story. And sorry, I won’t take the time to properly cite each one. :)

Disclaimer #2 – overly cheesy post, but I’m so happy, I don’t care who knows it! Ha!

5 comments:

Lawren U said...

I love the Elf quote, and I'm pretty sure the "heavy" quote is from Back to the Future. When we meet up again one day, we should have a movie watching date on the couch. :)

allison said...

No apologies needed for such a sweet tribute to your husband. We really miss you guys and are glad you are doing so well. Happy Anniversary.

Mom-mode said...

Lawren -Ha, I knew I could count on your friend, to figure out some of these quotes! We should def have a movie date someday. I think you should come visit!

Allison- thanks! We are doing well. And language is well, language! :)

Patricia said...

Happy anniversary!!!
We love you both!

Paty & Bru.

d'radiofan said...

I feel so blessed! To have a daughter in law who loves my son so much! Beautiful post! He is special, isn't he! And you are equally special!