Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mom-mode post # 26 - on how I carry happiness in my belly



I was walking down the city center the other day. Taking in the sights and trying to catch a word or two that I could understand. I suddenly caught a glimpse of my image reflected on one of the shop windows, bringing me out of my cross-cultural daze.
My bump was clearly poking out, showing itself to the world. I sighed deeply, taking in that sweet moment, realizing that I'm carrying happiness in my belly.
But before I get too corny here and lose my "cool" reputation (and shed a tear or two), here's a picture of the realization of my craving for Chinese food. I think I devoured that carton in less than 5 minutes!
Please note the backdrop: my pink, cream and black kitchen. Despite its color scheme, it is the best kitchen I could have possibly asked for! I love cooking in there. But even the perfect kitchen needs a day (or two) off sometimes. So yay for chinese take-out.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm Chinese!
Pri, mom said that she's lost the address for your blog in portuguese, can you send her an e-mail?
And yeah, we can't reach you through skype... please, manda pra gente teu nĂºmero de novo!
Saudades.
Bjos!!!

Rhonda said...

wow!! you definitely have the bump. wish i could be there to see it get bigger.

Mom-mode said...

I wish everyone could be together in one place and everyone could see me get bigger... No name for your nephew yet! But I have found out the names for you! Paty, you are teyze (aunt) and Rhonda, because you are from the dad's side, you are a hala (also aunt). Isn't that crazy!Miss you guys!

Josh and Allison said...

can josh be josh-amca? i just like saying it...