Friday, May 27, 2011

mom-mode post #135 - on having to change my diet

If you know me, you know how I'm not necessarily known for my healthy eating choices. I try to watch my portions, but other than that, it's pretty much a free-for-all fest.
I'm also a closet picky eater. When I'm out at a friend's house or traveling, I'll eat anything (dog, liver, cow's stomach), but at home, if you really inspect my diet, there are only a few handful of items I eat everyday. In fact, I could go days without eating a proper meal. Just snacking on the same favorite snacks.

Lately O has been a on this kick of trying anything we eat. He looks at you with sad puppy eyes, points to whatever you are eating and mumbles a slew of unintelligible words that probably translate into: 'can I please have a bite? Pleeeeeeeeeeeasssse??'

If we're at home, I can offer him some other healthier snack option. But when you are at a picnic with friends, he gets to eat a treat or two:

Mama and son who share a love of chocolate together, stick together?
Needless to say, this mama needs to start making some healthier choices if she wants to instill lifelong healthy eating habits in her precious offspring.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gram said...

A a little sweetening won't hurt him! But yes, a healthy diet he does need to learn! Gramps thinks of Oliver each time he has his 3pm ice cream cone!! Miss him soo!