Friday, January 28, 2011

mom-mode #121- on the year of learning how to parent intentionally

“Let them be fondly cherished…deal gently with them.” John Calvin

I have been thinking a lot about intentional parenting. About discipline and the big life goals I have for my son. I have been thinking about the things I need to teach him and the things I want to teach him. I have been meditating   upon God's word and the things He requires of me, as parent, to do and be.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't thought about these things up until now. I have been a mommy for almost a year now and these things have certainly crossed my mind. But honestly, this first year was more about learning to keep my child alive, well-fed and well-slept. I was learning all the physical aspects of parenting, and now it is time to focus on the spiritual aspects of it. I can already tell this year will be another huge learning curve for me. I am so excited for what God has in store for my little family.

If you are parenting little ones, go here and listen to these three talks on parenting. Listening to them has been a wonderful way to kick-start my year of learning how to parent intentionally and biblically!

Have a blessed day, friends!


Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he
will not depart from it. Pr 22:6

3 comments:

Joice Cristiane said...

Oi Pri!!
Deve ser linda essa fase de pensar no que Deus quer para os filhotes, como educá-los e tals. Q Deus realmente mostres o caminho em q deves seguir. :)
Agora q tenho blog, estou te seguindo e devo ler mais constantemente, eu tinha esquecido q tinhas um... hehe.
Bjos!!

d'radiofan said...

I am so proud of you Priscila, you are doing a wonderful job as a parent and I feel so blessed to have you as the mom God picked for raising our sweet Oliver. Thank you for raising him according to God's word.

Mom-mode said...

Thanks Andrea!!! Keep praying for us as we come full force into this parenting gig.:)