Tuesday, December 21, 2010

mom-mode post #116- on christmas decor

After last year's excuse for Christmas decor I put up. I decided to get the ball rolling a little early this year. We only brought nativity scene from the States, so I had to get creative. Here's a look at our simple yet meaningful decor this year:
A small wooden bird, a picture and some modge podge = baby's first ornament. I made this before I knew my mom-in-law was mailing me a really cute Baby's First Christmas ornament. So now we have two!



Our nativity scene we brought from the States. I think my mom-in-law gave it to us on our first Christmas together. I love it.

My humble little yarn wreath. It's a little crooked, but it was made with lots of love.


A new nativity we got this year made out of turkish pottery and my poor attempt at a Martha Stewart  magazine tree. It was my first attempt. I want keep working on them until I get it right!


Our tree and the most precious gift we got this year!






Our tree is still a little skinny, but it definitely has more color than last year's (I don't think we ever took a picture)
I made this pompom garland inspired on this rainbow colored garland I saw on Anthropologie's website.  There are still few more things I'd like to add to our tree, but there just was no time to do it. Maybe next year. :)

That's all folks!
Hope you are enjoying your days before Christmas comes!

2 comments:

d'radiofan said...

I love the homemade 1st ornament for Oliver, in the long run, that will mean more to him than the one I got him. You did good on all your decorations!

R, T and O said...

Adorable! I'm totally inspired by your craftiness. I hope you're enjoying the time with your sister. Have a very Merry Christmas!