Sunday, June 20, 2010

mom-mode post # 84 - on father's day

To my daddy - Who is far away today. And it is not even "Father's Day" in Brazil today. But I celebrate you today. We have been through thick and thin and I'll always think of you when I hear Steve Wonder's song: "I just called to say I love you". Today I just wrote to say I love you. We celebrated you today. O is blessed to have a vovo like you.

To my dad-in-law - Who is also far away today. You've modeled what it means to be a Godly man to my husband. You've raised him to be the same. You've taken me as your own daughter. Your hard-work to provide for your family all these years is so admirable and inspiring. We celebrate you today. O is blessed to have a gramps like you.




To hubby - O's daddy. Back in our dating days I knew you were going to be a great daddy. But I have to say that the day Oliver was born you've exceeded all and any expectations I had. I am so blessed to be together with you in this parenting journey. And if it's possible I love you even more now that I've seen you as O's daddy. O and I are blessed beyond measure to have you as the leader of our little family. We celebrate you today.