Sunday, January 24, 2010

mom-mode post # 40 - on how I'm not afraid and how I'm not going to miss my heavy belly!

35 weeks going on 36 . One month left. I have a hospital bag ready and his room is practically finished (check out the photos for a sneak peek).
Maybe now I can just rest and wait for him to come. I am so tired and he's SO heavy. That's why I'm not going to miss my belly.:) I will, however, miss the sweet feeling of him kicking and screaming inside me. For soon thekicking and screaming outside of me will take place.
Many of my friends here asked me if I'm scared. I guess it's a common thing for women here to be afraid of the pain in the delivery. Interestingly enough, I am not. Not anxious, not nervous. Just want him to stay put until my parents get here. Do you think I'll make it to my due date?
Another friend here "measured" my belly and told me I still have time. Her measuring consisted in placing four fingers at the top of my belly -- she could only fit three. Which means I haven't dropped yet, according to her. We'll see. :)





p.s.: We finally chose a name for our baby boy! Can you guess by the pictures?!? I'll give you a hint: his first initial - O for... , his middle initial -G for Gray and his last initial - S for Smith.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

i love the pictures! i really wish i could feel him kicking and actually see you in person right now at this stage. i would like to see more pics of the room. i also like the name. :)

AgS said...

please let me call him ollie :) hehe.

AgS said...

p.s. you look amazing!

Unknown said...

oliver? owen? orlando bloom? heehee
by the way... I never actually "dropped"! chiara just decided to start contractions at 38 weeks, and that was that...

Mom-mode said...

Rhon - we wish you could closer too! He kicks so much, I ought to video it and send it to you! I'll have more pics of the room as soon as it is ready! Glad you like the name.:)

Allison - do you want Daniel to regret his decision? NO Ollie, lutfen.:)

Elisa - we're naming him Oliver ( kind of an easier name for everyone to say). I just heard another friend saying she never dropped either... So I guess we'll see. I just hope he waits til mom and dad get here!!!

elisa said...

chiara was supposed to wait for my mom and dad... but she did things her own way and came 2 wks early! hee hee it will work out either way and all will be well!