Saturday, October 3, 2009

mom-mode post # 17 - on a sobering note

This has been a very sobering week. On the week we are getting ready to jump on a plane and start one of the most life-changing journeys of our lives, we heard about sweet friends that lost their baby boy, a few weeks away from the due date.

Moments like these are always heart-wrenching and never, ever easy. But suddenly, as I'm becoming a mother, this event hits even deeper in my soul.

I prayerfully grieve for our friends, for I have not other words to say. This couple has been an example of faith and resilience in the past, and I pray God will comfort them, yet again.

We get on the plane tomorrow, don't know when I'll be back here again. But as soon as I can get connected, I will carry on my ramblings on the joys and the pains of a mom-to-be.

A bittersweet day indeed.

No comments: