Friday, September 25, 2009

Mom-mode # 13 - on how I think my son is a night owl

I was laying in bed this morning and didn't feel the baby move. Suddenly, I had the best epiphany: Maybe my son is a night owl like me!
In the mornings as I lay asleep, he is in there and does not make the tiniest move. But during the day, especially later in the evening, he is kicking and screaming with the best of us. I know this may be just a while-in-the-womb thing, but hey, my son likes to sleep in just like his mama.
My other theory is that maybe he's an extrovert? Because he sure does move a lot when I'm around a lot of people, as if saying; Hey everyone! I'm here! Can't you see me? Now this theory scares me a little bit, as exciting as it is to have a child who loves the spotlight, this means we are headed for the worst case scenario.
You see, we were hoping for a son just like my husband ( well, I was). He was the perfect son, the perfect student, he's the perfect husband. He is kind, thoughtful and considerate of others. My fear is that our child will turn out just like me and said indicators of extroversion points us towards my childhood: rebellious, stubborn, smartaleck and a little too independent from others. Not for the faint-hearted, another blogger explained these fears much better than I ever could (http://www.thelilbee.com/2009/09/back-to-school-kindergarten-years.html).

Here's to hoping that God will be gracious to us and parents' wishes for "payback" will not be realized. But if he does happen to come just like his mommy, I will love him all the same. ( and will spend a whole lot more time on my knees!)

No comments: