Friday, August 28, 2009

Mom-mode post # 6 – on working out while pregnant

I know so far I’ve only mentioned some of the pains of becoming a mother. However, last night at the gym I found one of the joys of being an expectant mom. I went to one of those ‘boot camp’ type classes. Although I’m proud to say I was able to keep up with the best of them, the beauty of last night was when it came time to do those unpleasant planks or the revolting “mountain climbers”. When the going got tough, I was able to go get a sip of water and say “I don’t think the baby would want me to be bending like that.” Heck yes.

3 comments:

The Gillums said...

I love not being able to do sit ups! They are the worst!

Mom-mode said...

They are getting much harder to do now! I can imagine how much harder they are getting for you!

AgS said...

so i have no snide comments... just wanted to say that's hilarious.