Monday, November 15, 2010

mom-mode post #109 - on fashionable little finds

When we were teenagers, my sisters and I had this thing. Every time one of us would come back from a shopping trip, we would open all the bags, try everything on and make comments on what each other got. As well as ask for permission to wear it should the occasion arise. As time went on, and distances grew farther, we continued on our tradition every time we saw each other. We would show off our new purchases, even if they had been bought six months before. It's been too long since I've seen my sisters and shared with them my  pretty little buys. So I thought here would be as good as place as any to continue on our sisterly tradition.

Two vintage purses. The dark brown still had receipts in it dated 1945. Though I suspect this little beauty is only about 30 years old.


 Getting in on the leopard print trend on the cheap. Little five lira find form the local bazar.

Because I love  a good striped tee and a little collegiate blazer I scored from my sis-in-law stack of discards.

This down vest is my new Fall uniform. I never thought I'd be a proponent of down or vest, but I am completely sold. They give you warmth without the bulk. Just perfect for Fall. My sis-in-law got an adorable plaid number.
                                   New winter garb from my perennial  favorite, Forever 21.
I scored this little beauty on a little garage-sailing trip with my mom-in-law.  I just had to have it and it was super cheap.

Stripes and a cardi? Count me in. Especially if they come from the sis-in-law's discard pile.

Nice little pin I got on the same day I got the necklace, from the same lady. I also got a couple of sterling silver bracelets from her, but I forgot to take a pic.

So here they are, my fashion little finds for my sisters and the world to see.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Yay! I'll be able to wear my sister's new outfits pretty soon!
:) VĂ¡ and I still have some stuff in our wardrobes from your sister-in-law! funny, uh?