Sunday, April 18, 2010

mom-mode post # 58 - on growing up too fast

 


My little ham was 7 weeks old yesterday. It's not like he's off to college or getting married yet. But let me get corny and say: They grow up SO FAST!

I was putting away a coat yesterday and found one of his little hats in my pocket. It's a wool hat, so he won't be wearing it anymore. Next winter it will be too small. I must confess I cried a little when I realized it. They grow up too fast indeed. May I take in every little hug, every little smile, every little cry. May I cherish him and always take the time to cuddle ( and let the laundry pile up)for soon he will not fit ever so cozy in my lap.:)

p.s.: Motherhood (aka lack of sleep) has made my brain stop working. Hubby called me out on the fact that I've numbered some of my most recent posts wrong. So from now on, in order to make my life easier,I am just going to give my posts random numbers.:)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

andiewade said...

i've always gotten overly-emotional at packing away too-small clothes. for me, at least, it's never gotten easier :(.

Patricia said...

ownnn... my cute and fashinable nephew... wearing this trendy "jeans" t-shirt :) It's a pity I won't get to see him as a little baby... :(