Monday, February 15, 2010

mom-mode post # 44 - on how it ain't Pottery Barn but I love it!

It ain't Pottery Barn, but I am very happy with how it turned out. Considering we were on a budget, in a foreign country that doesn't have yard sales or Target and most of the items in here are hand-me-downs!

Chair we got on sale at Home Depot type store here. Much cheaper than Ikea... The materials for the curtains and pillows I did by at Ikea and had a seamstress here work with it. The materials were way more expensive than the seamstress. The crib was a hand-me-down.
The tree mural was inspired by a painting a I did for my friend's baby a couple of years ago. Plus it's about the only thing I know how to "free hand" on a wall.:) The paint here was a little messier than what I was used to work with in the States. So i came up with the idea of the canvas initials to cover up my mess-ups.:)


Hand me downs: changing table and dresser.
Here are some more details:


Now we just need a baby boy to go in it!

3 comments:

Sofia said...

Priscila, you did an amazing job, it looks wonderful!! Can't wait to see pics of your little boy enjoying his room. I see you got the baby jogger stroller. It is great. I have got the same. Check out:

http://walker325.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-stroller-city-mini-baby-jogger.html

hope you are having fun with your parents, i sure did having my parents over after Alex was born:)
Sofia,x

Travel Heart said...

Pri that looks amazing! Maybe when I have a baby you can come to Cali and decorate a nursery for me ;o) Or wherever I'm living, haha. Can't wait to see your baby boy debut in the world! xoxo

Anonymous said...

His room is so perfect! He and Olivia have the same initials! And she is an Olive Tree baby too-- Psalm 52:8! :)