Sunday, October 11, 2009

mom-mode post #20 - on how my belly looks at 20 weeks!


We arrived in our new country safe and sound. We had a relaxing weekend and I was ready to get started with all the shopping for our new place. I expected it to be hectic and chaotic, but I honestly underestimated how hard it would be.
I'm a shopper. I have been shopping since I was five ( so my mom tells me - a story for another day), but this was beyond anything I ever thought it would be. The combination: foreign country+little time+pregnancy was not optimal for a smooth day of shopping. But things are getting done and slowly things will fall into place.
I found this quote on a blog the other day and thought it was very fitting for these crazy days I've had:
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."

Attached is a photo of my 20-week bump.

p.s.: if you come to this blog and haven't introduced yourself yet, please do so! You can start with a " Hi, I'm ..." and I'll write back: "Hi, ...!" -- It will be fun, I promise. :)


4 comments:

Sheila said...

Hey Mom-mode! I love seeing your belly! As disappointing as it is to NOT be in our own place yet, it has been a blessing not to run around and get furniture etc! We'll get to comparison shop and make decisions slowly, taking up to a month to move. I am counting that as a blessing when I'm upset about not being "home" yet!

allison said...

Your home will come together. Be patient and don't overdo it. Between language and simple fatigue it can be difficult, but it will happen and I know your home will look oh so cute. Love you guys.

Mom-mode said...

Hi Sheila! I'd def be happy with being able to go slowly with setting up house. It's been very hectic. Be thankful, trust me! :)

Allison - thanks, I def needed to be reminded to take it slowly! We are taking a rest day tomorrow! And we'll start back up again on Monday.:)

Lawren U said...

You already know me, so no need for formal introductions :)
I am so happy you are keeping us all posted on moving and the munchkin. I know you're so far away, but it kinda makes you guys feel close all at the same time.
xoLawren