Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mom-mode post # 9 – on shopping for maternity clothes



I was thoroughly looking forward to shopping for maternity clothes. I constantly see some pregnant ladies sporting some cute outfits and tops. People kept saying how much I was going to enjoy buying all those cute clothes. I was so excited, I couldn't contain myself. Knowing that I will soon be moving across the pond, I limited my shopping list to only a few key pieces to carry me in through fall with comfort.

Well, my first endeavor at a maternity store was slightly underwhelming. I was looking for a pair of maternity jeans with a nice dark wash and if it wasn't asking much, a nice straight cut. All I could find was under qualified and overpriced denim. I left there frustrated and went next door to J.Crew, oh how wish they did maternity!


My next stop was a nice maternity boutique. They had an incredible jeans selection. But I don't think I was ready to pay for designer jeans, when I'm not even sure these pants will last me all my pregnancy. At the rate I'm going, I keep on needing bigger sizes. :) Another day, another store, another let down.


Desperate in my search for the perfect pair of maternity jeans for just the right price, I gave up. I decided I was just going to keep wearing dresses and skirts for the rest of my pregnancy. But when even my "fat day" jeans were no longer fitting me, I decided to give the maternity clothes store one more try.


Last weekend I landed at Old Navy and was pleasantly surprised. I found a cute pair of comfy jeans and a few other things. Here's a little peek at my maternity clothing triumph.
Equipped with my elastic waist jeans and my strategically baggy sweater, I'm ready for fall and I'm ready for motherhood! Well, maybe I need another five months to get used to the latter.

3 comments:

andiewade said...

i had so many problems finding maternity pants! it was really frustrating. glad you found some you like!

Vanessa Collier said...

I am super impressed with your blog! You are like a professional! I am barely keeping my going. Your background also matches my house. I loooved my maternity clothes. Most were from Ann Taylor Loft, but they discontinued their maternity line. You are still looking fabulous!

Mom-mode said...

Thanks Vanessa! I am trying to keep it updated, since we're so far from all of our friends. i found out Ann Taylor Loft still sells maternity online. It's hard not being able to try it on, but they have some cute stuff!.
Love your baby girl's outfits!:)