Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mom-mode post # 1 - 10 weeks


The so-called "belly pictures" are one of my biggest pet peeves -- for those out there who have taken them, please don't take it personally. I also don't like baby animals and they don't seem to mind my humble opinion.-- But due to the great distance I now have between myself, family and friends, I have found a need and perhaps a reason to take a few of these tacky, although lovely, mementos.

Let's agree now, that I will not pose for pictures with a sign hanging from my belly, saying how far along I am. I will not under any circumstance succumb to such. It is almost as if you were asking me to hold a cat or pet a dog. It will just not happen. Capiche?

I may, however, eventually venture off and talk about fashion, or post some of my new-found ways to hide a "beer gut".

For now, I leave you with my first, albeit reluctant, barefoot-and-pregnant-belly-picture. Enjoy!


p.s.: also, please do not suggest that I make a cast out of my belly. Maybe I'll write a post on the subject later.
*disclaimer* Please do not link my belly-pictures despising with how I feel about my pregnancy. One does not in any way, shape or form, have anything to do with the other.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Enjoyed. :)

andiewade said...

you're right, those belly casts are way freaky.

Josh and Allison said...

what exactly is a belly cast? and thank you for not getting one...

Mom-mode said...

Allison, I'll write a post on belly casts just for you.:)